The Yorkshire Water Community Trust, an independent charity set up to assist customers in financial hardship with water bill arrears, is looking for a new Trustee to join the Board. It follows the departure of its longest standing board member, who is retiring after 20-years of volunteering their services to the Trust.

Governed by the Charity Commission, the Yorkshire Water Community Trust helps people in financial hardship who are unable to pay water/and sewerage charges and has supported over 40,000 customers with award payments towards their water/and sewerage arrears since it was formed in 1995.

The Trustee role carries a time commitment of eight pre-arranged dates a year for an initial term of three years. Travel expenses will be reimbursed for quarterly meetings which would take place either in Bradford or online.

The volunteer position would suit someone with experience of working with vulnerable people with affordability issues or has knowledge of working with diverse communities and keen to contribute to the welfare of others.

Baroness Kathryn Pinnock, community trust chair, said: “We are immensely grateful for the contribution our outgoing Trustee has made to the Community Trust which provides essential support for customers in financial difficulty. We are keen to appoint a new Trustee to help us to fulfil this vital role as soon as possible.

“Board membership is on a volunteer basis and includes evaluating applications and audit decisions made by Trustee officers as well as the ongoing review of eligibility criteria and operating procedures.”

The Community Trust is an independent charity and is one of a number of schemes championed by Yorkshire Water to support customers in financial difficulty, these include:

The closing date for applications is 26 April 2024 and interested candidates should apply to with their CV and a covering letter outlining their suitability for the volunteering role.

Anyone interested in the new Trustee role for the Yorkshire Water Community Trust, or would like further information about the role, should email the trust at

Further information about help for customers to pay their bills visit: