Usually the college would be opening its doors to prospective students for a taste of what they can offer, however due to the circumstances they have risen to the challenge and put together a comprehensive virtual college experience you can enjoy from the comfort of your home.
The event lasts one hour and starts at 10am on Saturday, 20 June. They will be streaming LIVE on their Facebook and YouTube pages plus on their website.
Radio presenter Rich Williams is hosting the event which will include a welcome from the Principal plus interviews with key staff. There will be live chat for Q&As, college updates, virtual tours and more! For full details on what you can expect from the live stream see below.
Schedule for the morning:
- Rich Williams Welcome Introduction
- Principal, Sam Wright gives an overview of the college
- Why choose Wakefield College? Head of Alternative Curriculum and School Partnerships, James Pennington talks about what vocational options are on offer.
- Sixth Form & A Levels with Head of A Levels, Richard Collings
- Apprenticeships with Executive Director Jo Taylor
- Support services including careers and financial support with Head of Student Experience, Leigh Allsopp
- University Centre courses with Higher Education Outreach Officer Jayne Kaye
- The fun bit! Extra-curricular activities, student’s union, work placements and the Duke of Edinburgh Award with Head of Student Experience Hayley Shillito
- Access to Higher Education with Curriculum Development Manager Stephen Jones
- Business School with Curriculum Development Manager Sam Wade
- Part time course and general course information with Ellie Flanaghan, Course Information Advisor
We look forward to welcoming you all virtually on Saturday!