A light-hearted look at what business people do when we’re not at work.TopicUK speaks to Louise Woollard from Louise Woollard Financial.
• You arrive home on Friday night after a busy week. What’s the first thing you do?
I’m a huge football fan, so I get my Premier League Fantasy Football team in order – working out all my substitutions and transfers.
• It’s time for the weekend. What are we most likely to find you doing, and where?
If there’s a Huddersfield Town game on, you’ll find me at the John Smith’s stadium cheering the team on – I’ve been supporting them since I was a little girl!
• Saturday night arrives. What’s your idea of the perfect way to spend it?
I love being active and keeping fit, so my evenings often involve something sporty like hitting the gym or going to a personal training session. I also love to cook and socialise with friends, and I enjoy playing the dinner host.
• It’s Sunday already. What tasks are usually on your ‘to-do’ list?
At some point, I’ll definitely be heading outdoors for a long walk with my wonderful golden-doodle, Otis. However, I’m also partial to a spot of baking, so I’ll probably have my apron on and be making some treats to take into the office tomorrow.
• Work again tomorrow. Do you get the Sunday blues or look forward to getting back – and why?
I love my job, so there are no Sunday blues in sight – I always look forward to getting back into the office and seeing what the week has in store.
I’m also very much a people person, so being a financial adviser is perfect. On a daily basis, I get to help people to find a long-term solution that meets their needs and supports them in living financially happier lives.
• The weekend’s almost over. What’s the last thing you do before you hit the hay ahead of another week?
I love having a tidy mind, so you’ll find me writing a list of priorities for the coming day. Organisation is key, as it helps me stay structured and means I can plan my weeks effectively.