Developed by the government as an alternative to A levels, apprenticeships and other 16 to 19 courses, T Levels have been designed with leading businesses and employers to give students the knowledge and skills that employers are looking for.
On Monday 7 December, Wakefield College will hold a virtual event, T Levels: The Next Level Event, at 5pm on their website and social media channels for prospective T level students and parents to give them more information on this exciting two year route into skilled employment, higher study or apprenticeships.
The courses will start in September 2021 and are the equivalent to 3 A levels. T Levels students spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is a meaningful industry placement that lasts at least 45 days, where they put these skills into action and gain invaluable experience.
Director of Curriculum, Corinne Barker, said: “At Wakefield College we are really excited about being able to offer T levels in Construction, Digital and Education to our students from September 2021. Since gaining DFE approval to deliver T Levels 18 months ago, Wakefield College has been working with local employers to make sure T Level students can put the theory that they learn in the classroom into practice within an high quality industrial placement.”
Businesses within the district are very excited about these new qualifications with companies such as Engie, Bellingham IT, The Cidon Group and Keepmoat Homes already on board as a Wakefield College T Levels Industry Partner, plus there is a host of childcare providers and local nurseries in the region signed up to develop the workforce of the future!
You can hear from some of these employers and Wakefield College’s current students who have been on industry placements at the event plus more detail on each of the T Level pathways available in 2021, Construction, Digital and Education.
To watch the virtual event and find out more about T Levels, please visit www.wakefield.ac.uk/tlevels
Pictured: Matthew Staples, Head of High Performance alongside Corinne Barker, Head of Curriculum